Office of Student Affairs & Career Counseling
Personality tests can aid in the career exploration process. Below are some links that students have found to be useful starting points in understanding more about themselves and their strong points in medicine. If you take any of these tests, you are encouraged to share the outcomes with your advisers in our career counseling meeting. These sites are all free to use and explore.
- Jung Typology Test
- Understanding the scores of Jung Typology Test
- The Pathway Evaluation Program for Medical Professionals
- University of Virginia Medical Specialty Aptitude Test
- Resources and Programs on Career Counseling (PDF). Offered by the OSACC.
- Specialty-Specific Advisors and Advice (PDF). This document is password protected. Refer to your class Facebook page for the password.
- Clinical Mentors (PDF). This document is password protected. Refer to your class Facebook page for the password.
- "Selection Criteria for Residency: Results of a National Program Directors Survey." Academic Medicine.
- "Surgical Skills Assessment of Applicants to General Surgery Residency." Journal of Surgical Education.
- "How We Select Our Surgery Residents - A Survey of Selection Criteria in General Surgery Residents." Journal of Surgical Education.