Hojat, M. and LaNoue, M. Exploration and confirmation of the latent variable structure of the Jefferson scale of empathy, Jefferson scale of empathy. International Journal of Medical Education, 5, 73-81
This publication marks the beginning of my interest in evaluating empathy as an indicator of patient-centeredness.
Helitzer, D.L., LaNoue, M., Wilson, B., Warner, T., and Roter, D. A randomized controlled trial of communication training with primary care providers to improve patient-centeredness and health risk communication. Patient Education & Counseling, 82(1), 22-29.
This publication has been cited 24 times for its contributions to the provider training literature, as well as the patient-centered communication literature.
Weinstein, L.C., LaNoue, M., Hurley, K., Sifri, R., and Myers, R. Using concept mapping to explore barriers and facilitators to breast cancer screening in formerly homeless women with serious mental illness. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 26(3), 908-925.
- The Jefferson Scale of Empathy: a nationwide study of measurement properties, underlying components, latent variable structure, and national norms in medical students
- Practicing safety: A quality improvement intervention to test tools to enhance pediatric psychosocial care for children 0-3 years
- Exploring patient-centeredness: The relationship between self-reported empathy and patient-centered communication in medical trainees
- The effect of diabetes self-management education on HbA1c and quality of life in African-Americans: A systematic review and meta-analysis
- Evaluation of an ongoing diabetes group medical visit in a family medicine practice
- Overcoming Obesity: A Mixed Methods Study of the Impact of Primary Care Physician Counseling on Low-Income African American Women Who Successfully Lost Weight
- Use of Group Concept Mapping to Identify Patient Domains of Uncertainty That Contribute to Emergency Department Use
- Race as a Predictor of Palliative Care Referral Time, Hospice Utilization, and Hospital Length of Stay: A Retrospective Noncomparative Analysis
- Development and preliminary validation of a scale to measure patient uncertainty: The “Uncertainty Scale”
- Validation study of patient-version of the Jefferson Teamwork Observation Guide (JTOG)
- Frequent emergency department visitors are frequent primary care visitors and report unmet primary care needs
- Reducing Stress Among Mothers in Drug Treatment: A Description of a Mindfulness Based Parenting Intervention
- How Multidimensional Health Locus of Control predicts utilization of emergency and inpatient hospital services
- The Core of Care Management: The Role of Authentic Relationships in Caring for Patients with Frequent Hospitalizations
- Concept mapping as a method to engage patients in clinical quality improvement
- Using concept mapping to explore barriers and facilitators to breast cancer screening in formerly homeless women with serious mental illness
- Confirmatory factor analysis and invariance testing between Blacks and Whites of the Multidimensional Health Locus of Control scale
- Catching up with the HPV vaccine: Challenges and opportunities in primary care
- Exploration and confirmation of the latent variable structure of the Jefferson scale of empathy
- Impact of a patient-centered medical home clerkship curriculum