Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
Jefferson Postdoctoral Association
The goals of the Jefferson Postdoctoral Association (JPA) are to provide a channel for communication, promote understanding and intellectual stimulation and improve the position of postdoctoral fellows in training and extracurricular matters at Thomas Jefferson University.
The JPA works closely with Dr. Lisa Kozlowski, Associate Dean for Student & Postdoctoral Affairs, to improve the training experience for postdocs at Thomas Jefferson University by addressing institutional policies regarding postdoctoral fellows and running regular events such as:
- Monthly Technical Skills Seminar Series
- Bi-monthly open meetings
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Application Program
- Social hours & gatherings
- Professional development workshops
International Postdoctoral Committee
To ensure a smooth transition to Thomas Jefferson University and the U.S. for international postdocs, JPA formed an International Postdoctoral Committee (IPC). This committee meets monthly with Dr. Lisa Kozlowski and a representative from the Office of International Affairs.
The major aims of this committee are to:
- Provide country-specific information to international postdocs, before and after they arrive at Thomas Jefferson University
- Increase interactions among international postdocs by arranging social events
National Postdoctoral Association
Thomas Jefferson University is a member of the National Postdoctoral Association. For more information visit their website.