Postbaccalaureate Pre-Professional Program (P4)
Note: This is a "career changer program" intended for students who have a limited science background. If you have completed more than half of the prerequisite coursework for medical school, or if you have taken the MCAT, you are not eligible for this program.
Application for 2018 is Now Available
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited U.S. or Canadian college/university
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 (with a minimum science coursework GPA of 3.2)
- Minimum standardized test scores: SAT - 1000 (taken before 2005)/1600 (taken 2005 or later), ACT - 21
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status
- Strong interest in the healthcare field, demonstrated by work and volunteer experiences
Rolling: Admission to the 1 and 2 year P4 programs are conducted on a rolling basis with decisions made throughout the year.
While we have no set deadline, we highly encourage applicants to apply early due to the high volume of applications we receive each year.
Jefferson College of Biomedical Sciences (JCBS) application, TJAPP, is managed through a central application service which collects all of the application materials.
The application fee is $60.00 and needs to be submitted by credit card (Visa or Mastercard only) upon submission of the application. The fee is non-refundable.
P4 is listed under Certificate on the Thomas Jefferson University TJAPP application:
- Postbaccalaureate Pre-Professional Program (P4) - 1 Year
- Postbaccalaureate Pre-Professional Program (P4) - 2 Year
Please answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to pursue a career in the healthcare profession? Please include significant professional and personal experiences that have influenced your decision.
- Please tell us why you believe the P4 program can help you reach your academic, professional and/or personal goals?
- What makes you unique?
The answers can be cut and pasted into the boxes provided on the application.
Applicants are required to submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities they have attended. This includes any study-abroad programs or transfer credit not reflected on undergraduate transcripts with full course titles and final grades.
If your courses were completed outside of the United States, you must submit a course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services.
All transcripts/evaluations should be sent to TJAPP at the following address with the Transcript Matching Form:
TJAPP Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9130
Watertown, MA 02471
Letters of Reference, Two Letters Required
The P4 requires two letters of recommendation (at least one academic).
When requesting standardized tests to be sent to JCBS please use the following:
|SAT: CEEB School Code||7923|
|GRE: Institution Code||2999|
|ACT: School Code||5536|
A Resume/CV can be uploaded to the Program Materials section of the application under Documents.
Once an application is complete, applicants can expect to hear back from the Office of Admissions within 1 week.
Applications will be reviewed, and strong candidates will be invited for an interview with the P4 admission committee.
A final decision will be communicated to all applicants within 2 weeks following the interview.
Please contact the Office of Admissions with any questions.