By the Numbers
As of June 2017, Project CHANCE
• Has performed more than 50 major head and neck surgeries.
• Has examined more than 200 patients in clinic.
• Has performed more than 15 free-tissue-transfer reconstructions—the first ever to perform such a procedure in Haiti.
• Has sent a team to Haiti at least twice a year that includes an average of three surgeons and three nurses; in January 2017, CHANCE sent a team of 16, which included a Jefferson patient.
• Has established a program enabling Haitian medical residents to travel to Jefferson for three months of training with the Head and Neck team.
• Is leading a task force to bring cancer care to Haiti.