Why Give to Jefferson
At Jefferson, we improve lives.
Jefferson (Thomas Jefferson University + Philadelphia University) is the fifth largest university in Philadelphia and includes one of the nation’s oldest and most respected medical colleges—which trains more physicians than any other institution. Our nine colleges and three schools offer professional training in biomedical science, bioscience technologies, pharmacy, nursing, bioethics, healthcare, health policy, architecture, fashion design, graphic design, interior design, and more. We are redefining what’s possible—in work, in health, in innovation.
Jefferson Health continues its record of excellence in lifesaving care with recognition from U.S. News & World Report’s annual listing of top hospitals and specialties.
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital is honor-roll ranked as the nation’s 16th Best Hospital. In addition to ranking in the top 10 facilities in the Philadelphia metro area (2nd) and Pennsylvania (3rd), eleven of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital's specialty programs have been recognized, including three specialties ranked in the top 10 in the country.
Abington–Jefferson Health ranked 11th in the Philadelphia region and 18th in the state, and Aria–Jefferson Health is rated as a high performer in the treatment of congestive heart failure.
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital’s 2017–18 Nationally Ranked Specialties
Learn more about our nationally ranked specialties as well as the metrics and methodology behind the rankings by visiting U.S. News Health Care or selecting any of the highlighted specialties below.
- Ophthalmology — Jefferson's Department of Ophthalmology (Wills Eye Hospital) ranks 2nd in the nation
- Orthopedics — Ranked 4th best hospital in the nation (Rothman Institute at Jefferson and Philadelphia Hand Center at Jefferson)
- Ear, Nose and Throat — Jefferson is the 8th best hospital in the nation
- Gastroenterology and GI Surgery — Jefferson is the 17th best hospital in the nation
- Cancer — Ranked 20th best hospital in the nation (Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Thomas Jefferson University)
- Neurology and Neurosurgery — Ranked 21st best hospital in the nation (Vickie & Jack Farber Institute for Neuroscience at Jefferson)
- Diabetes and Endocrinology — Ranked 26th best hospital in the nation
- Urology — Jefferson is the 27th best hospital in the nation
- Geriatrics — Jefferson's Geriatric Medicine ranked 38th in the nation
- Cardiology and Heart Surgery — Ranked 41st in the nation
- Nephrology — Ranked 48th in the nation