SKCC Shared Resources are aligned wto meets the needs of SKCC investigators with the goal of assessing impact, quality, overall performance, and cost effectiveness, as well as new capabilities that would be of value to members.
SKCC Shared Resources are carefully selected as a result of an interactive process, which included guidance from the Shared Resource Oversight Committee and EAB, which focused on a facility’s ability to enhance and support the SKCC research mission.
- The Bioimaging SR is led by Drs. Keen and Wedegartner and facilitates research through a full range of microscopy capabilities, including scanning and spinning disk confocal, TIRF (total internal refection fluorescence), and widefield epifluorescence microscopy capabilities allowing for multi-wavelength visualization and analysis of fixed and living specimens, Z-series, single molecule events at surfaces and interfaces, as well as image analysis and processing expertise.
- The Biostatistics SR is led by Dr. Leiby PhD, and provides statistical support for all sectors of SKCC, including experimental and trial design, power statistics and sample size analyses, and analytical support.
- The Flow Cytometry SR is led by Dr. Zhang, and provides state-of-the-art fluorescence activated cell sorting and analysis capabilities to SKCC investigators. Applications such as multi-color cell surface phenotyping, detection of intracellular cytokines and signaling molecules, transfection measurements, studies of apoptosis, cell cycle analysis, cell proliferation, and real time analysis of Ca2+ mobilization kinetics. The sorters, analyzers, and workstations allow for affordable, reliable, and accurate characterization of a wide variety of biological samples.
- The Lab Animal SR is led by Dr. Siracusa and provides specialized surgical techniques, tumor monitoring and other specialized care, housing, and quality maintenance for laboratory animals used by the SKCC. The facility also provides technical expertise in administration of chemical carcinogens.
- The MetaOmics SR is a multi-site core spanning across the consortium led by Dr. Ehrlich (DU) and Paolo Fortina, PhD and provides genomic, metabolomic, proteomic and microbiome services focusing on the high-throughput, global analysis of DNA, RNA, proteins, and metabolites.
- The Translational Pathology SR is led by Dr. Peiper and provides a full range of histopathology services complemented by access to unique banked tissue collections and mechanisms to capture individual cells, including liquid biopsy capabilities. This core has also integrated the biomedical research informatics for SKCC’s basic, clinical, and translational investigators. This support includes infrastructural provisioning, software development or acquisition, and consultative collaboration.
- X-ray Crystallography and Macromolecular Characterization SR is led by Drs. Cingolani and Root and facilitates the design, acquisition and interpretation of quantitative data relevant to the structure and function of cancer-related macromolecules, impact of mutations on protein folding and stability, and understanding macromolecular interactions at atomic detail.