The National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Thomas Jefferson University promotes membership of researchers, clinicians and educators interested in collaborating on with cancer research in the areas of basic science, clinical care, cancer prevention and control, and education.
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center membership is available to individuals who have a demonstrated, on-going interest in cancer related research and/or cancer-related clinical activities that contribute to the mission of the Cancer Center. I would like to encourage you to submit an application for membership at one of the following levels: Full Member, Associate Member, Affiliate Member, Honorary Member or Emeritus Member. Detailed membership criteria can be found in our attached membership guidelines packet.
In brief, all Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center members have numerous opportunities to participate in research symposia, research retreats, attend special presentations, present at grand rounds and engage in community interaction, education and training activities. Full members also receive the following benefits:
- Access to the Cancer Center’s shared resources at subsidized rates to support their research programs;
- Prioritization with Biostatistics core;
- Access to pilot project funding opportunities provided by the SKCC;
- Opportunities to be considered for nomination to apply funding opportunities that limit applications to one per NCI-designated cancer center. (e.g., V Foundation & Pew-Stewart Scholars for Cancer Research Program);
- Opportunities for directed philanthropy; Particular philanthropic activities supporting Cancer Center strategic goals, with dedicated development professionals to assist such fund-raising efforts.
Along with your completed membership application, applicants must submit an updated Curriculum Vitae and/or NIH Biosketch along with a statement of cancer research (2-3 sentences) and how it aligns with the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center. Lastly, we are requiring a bibliography or list of publications, if not already included.
All interested candidates who wish to seek exclusive membership into the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center should contact Matthew Huesser (email - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-503-9338).