Save money on the road to residency and make key connections along the way! The Host program is designed to help ease the stress of residency interviews and link students with alumni nationwide in a growing network of volunteers. Our Host alumni may provide help with accommodations, local transportation, and meals. Most importantly, they always share valuable insights into communities and residency programs.
HOW DO STUDENTS PARTICIPATE?
Taking part in the Host program is easy! Follow the steps below.
- Review our Student Host Program Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about the program and how it works.
- As soon as you know one or more of your interview dates, fill out and submit the Host Program Student Request Form. The Office of Alumni Relations will work quickly to try to match you with an alumni host in the vicinity of your interview sites. If you are submitting a request for multiple interviews, in the “Notes” section make sure to tell us which interview should be our top priority for finding you a host.
- If you are matched with an alumni host, promptly contact them to coordinate your visit and keep them updated on any changes in travel plans.
- During your stay with your host, be gracious and respectful. Ask your host about their expectations, and follow any “house rules.” Most importantly, get to know your host, share your experiences and enjoy your visit. Take photos and send them to the Alumni Office.
- Follow up with a thank you note to your host after your visit.